In the US, summer is here, which can mean wearing shoes that show off your feet and toes. The question is, are your feet ready? If you can’t get to your favorite spa or nail studio, we have ideas for a DIY pedicure you can do in the comfort of your own home. Plus, there are benefits, which totally justifies pampering those tootsies.
According to Sally Beauty, regular pedicures “keep your nails trimmed, calluses controlled, and skin moisturized. In addition, a foot massage helps to relieve tension and stimulate circulation.” As to how often you should get or have a pedicure, it varies from two weeks to six weeks and depends on the health of your feet. If your feet are healthy and you’re trying to maintain them, 4-6 weeks is about right. If you are trying to resolve an issue, you may need to have a pedicure more often.
DIY at Home
Your at home pedicure should follow similar steps to those at a professional salon. Here’s the basic list:
- Cut toenails straight across with a toenail clipper.
- Shape nails with a file.
- Refresh feet with a 10 minute foot soak.
- Smooth away dry skin and calluses with a sloughing lotion, foot file, salt scrub, or pumice stone.
- Rinse and dry feet, then massage with a lotion or massage oil.
- If polishing, remove all traces of oil or lotion; you may need to use a polish remover.
Products to Try
Now comes the hard part, deciding which of our amazing products to use for your DIY pedicure. Pretty sure you can’t go wrong with what you select.
- Deluxe Tool Kit: this kit has everything you need to get started doing pedicures, and manicures, at home. If purple isn’t your color, it also comes in black.
- Stainless Steel Pedicure File: this workhorse file will remove the rough patches on your feet for smooth skin you’ll love to touch.
Soak and Scrub
- Soak – Foot Care: sprinkle in warm water and sit back and relax while your feet enjoy a soak.
- Renew Foot Scrub: infused with Aragon Oil, rub this on your feet for a refreshing feel and smooth feet.
- Happy Feet Foot Scrub: with a combination of pumice, oils, and other amazing ingredients, your feet will feel smooth, soft, and refreshed after a nice scrubbing.
Lotions and Creams
- Soothe Foot Creme: not only does this foot creme moisturize your feet, it will awaken your senses with its delightful peppermint scent.
- Happy Feet Organic Foot Cream: filled with antioxidants, aloe vera, and more, this luxurious cream softens and moisturizes your feet.
- Cuticle Oil Pen: keep your toe’s cuticles in fine form with this handy pen.
- Nail Lacquers, TruShine Nail Gel, Vibe One Step Gel: with an assortment of colors, these products range from polish and go to take time to cure. All are super easy to use.
- Wraps, Lacquer Strips, Gel Strips: these easy to use nail options provide colors and designs for a fun look on your toes.
Well, that about covers it. There is one more benefit to DIY pedicures – the wonderful, pampered feeling you get. Make sure you put on your favorite tunes or catch up on your binge-worthy shows to make this a truly wonderful experience!