10 Things to do in San Diego Before & After Convention
Explore san diego
It may be our 2019 Convention that is bringing you to San Diego in August, but there’s so much more that awaits you in America’s Finest City.
San Diego offers over 70 miles of coastline, boutiques and outlets for shoppers, world-class dining options for foodies and family-friendly attractions for the kids. Add to that a state-of-the-art waterfront convention center conveniently located in the heart of all the action and it’s a sure recipe for an unforgettable 2019 Youngevity Convention!
10 Things to do while in San Diego:
- Hit the Beach: Take advantage of San Diego’s 70-plus miles of beautiful beaches. Have your camera ready because you just might see dolphins swim by! For another experience on the water, take a bay tour or go out to sea and enjoy some whale watching to enjoy a unique nautical perspective of San Diego.
- Explore Downtown: Walk across the street from the convention center to experience San Diego’s urban neighborhoods – the Gaslamp Quarter and East Village – filled with sidewalk cafes, specialty boutiques, restaurants, nightlife and more.
- Taste our Award-Winning Microbrews: Popular for putting out hand-crafted beers that have the hops world abuzz, San Diego draws aficionados from around the globe who are in search of our award-winning brews. Brimming with more than 70 breweries, San Diego has earned the nickname, “Capital of Craft.
- Dine like a Foodie: From authentic Mexican cuisine to fresh Pacific seafood, San Diego is a top restaurant destination with endless options to satisfy any craving. Make a reservation at one of our famous waterfront dining establishments.
- Attractions Galore: Visit San Diego’s many attractions. The world-famous San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego and the USS Midway Museum all call the city home. If you bring the kids, be sure to check out
- Balboa Park: San Diego’s Balboa Park is America’s largest urban park and a hub of San Diego arts and culture. The historical Balboa Park has 15 museums set among picturesque gardens and architecture. When you’re done walking the beautiful grounds, stop and get a bite to eat at these dining spots.
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame: Catch a MLB game at PETCO Park. Located across the street from the convention center, just sail across the Harbor Drive pedestrian bridge and you’re there. Behind-the-scenes guided tours are also available seven days a week.
- Go on a Shopping Spree: From upscale malls and boutiques, to galleries, outlets and vintage shops – San Diego has something for every shopper
- Work Out Along the Waterfront: The scenic route doesn’t get any better than a workout along sparkling San Diego Bay. Take in stunning city views, pass through Seaport Village and community parks as you walk (or run) north along the Embarcadero running path. Just hop on the path directly behind the convention center.
- Discover the many neighborhoods of San Diego: From the sound of Mariachi bands in Old Town to the taste of homemade pastas and gelato in Little Italy, each neighborhood has its own unique vibe. San Diego is also becoming well known as a “bicycle friendly city.” You can rent a bike and see San Diego on two wheels via the new 7-mile bike loop. (Map Included!)
For more information on how to make the most out of your time in San Diego, download or order the San Diego Attendee Guide. Inside you will find over 90 things to do between meetings, including where to dine, shop, relax and play.
Remember, we have early pricing available for our 2019 Convention until June 30th. If you haven’t already, Register Now to get the best pricing and enjoy all that San Diego has to offer!