5 Steps for Goal Setting
Are you one who sets goals to start off a new year? If so, do you have your 2022 goals done? If not, these steps may help you set and achieve your goals. If you’ve already set your goals, there are several nuggets for keeping things going throughout the year.
Why set goals?
Each of us needs direction in our lives to help us stay focused and feel fulfilled. Setting goals does this – it gives us a way to track progress, create new behaviors and keep us moving forward. You may feel like setting goals is boring and mundane, but it doesn’t need to be. You can get creative in your goal setting.
5 Goal Setting Steps
There are many approaches to setting goals, but Entrepreneur suggests the following steps:
- Set goals that motivate you. When you set a goal, it has to mean something, and there has to be a value to achieving it. If the outcome is of little to no importance to you, then the chances of your putting in the work are next to none.
- Set SMART goals. SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time bound.
- Write down your goals. I start every day writing down a list of “to-dos,” as well as print out a calendar with my meetings for the day. I keep these daily goals visible at all times and cross check the things I’ve accomplished to gauge where I stand at the end of the day.
- Put a plan in action. Write down all of the individual steps. This is your road map to executing your plan as flawlessly as possible.
- Work the plan. Having a plan in place makes you official. Working the plan makes you successful.
Author, Jeffrey Hayzlett, provides additional insights on how to use these steps for success. Read the full article for all the information.
If you find that traditional goals don’t work, maybe try 22 for 2022, where you create a list of 22 things you want to do in 2022. Or create a vision board that contains your goals. The key is to know what you want and write it down so you don’t forget.
Your Youngevity Business Goals
Now that you know the steps for setting goals, it’s time to focus on your business goals. And we have the perfect way to get started. Part of the Getting Started Training includes your business plan and setting your goals for the first 30, 60, and 90 days. The article even includes a downloadable Business Plan that you can fill out and use to help you build your business and track your goals.
The thing to remember is you can set goals at any time. Not just in January for the new year. Take time today to think about what you want and how you want to approach it and then get started on achieving your goals and dreams.