Beyond Photos – Interview Your Kids
One of the best ways to capture the likes, dislikes, dreams, hopes, fears, perceptions, and personalities of children is by interviewing them on a regular basis. Yearly or semi-annual question and answer sessions provide a wonderful opportunity to connect with and show your children how special they are to you. You also may discover surprising new insights about your child! When you write down their answers, you create a precious record of their lives that you can enjoy and share for generations.
Here’s a list of questions you may want to use in your next interview:
- What is something you love about being a kid?
- What is something you wonder about?
- What makes you happy?
- Who is someone you miss?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What’s something you want to learn?
- What’s one of your favorite places to be?
- If you could choose a different name, what would it be?
- Tell me about a happy memory?
- One word to describe you would be _______.
- What advice would you give your parents?
- If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?
- Tell about a funny time in your life.
- What do you love most about your sibling?
- What is a really nice thing you did for someone?
- What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- Name two things we should do as a family on the weekend.
- What is the grossest thing you can think of?