Spice Season has Arrived!
Whether you are in the all things Pumpkin Spice camp or not, fall in the United States brings out all things spices. Spiced drinks, spicy chili, breads with spice, the list goes on and on. Luckily, Saveur Foods’ spices are easy to use in many of your favorite fall recipes – sometimes it’s fun to try something new as well. So today, we’re sharing a few recipes where we’ve replaced the standard spices with ones from Saveur Foods. Happy spicing!
Recipe adapted from Keto Karma
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 1 LB Ground Sausage (regular or hot depending on preference)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (14.5oz)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (6oz)
- 1 1/2 TBSP Saveur Foods Chili Spice
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced ( or 1 TBSP Garlic powder, which is .8 net carb additional per serving)
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- Brown the sausage and ground beef.
- Drain and save half of the fat.
- Place the cooked sausage and ground beef into the crockpot
- Add half of the fat drippings and all other ingredients into the crockpot and mix well.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Plate and top with sour cream, cheese and green onions, if you like.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Saveur Foods Nutmeg Blend Baking Spice
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Use cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired.
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
- 1 15 ounce-can pure pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Saveur Foods Nutmeg Blend Baking Spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8.5 x 4 x 2.5 inch loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.