The Perfect Summer Recipes for a Healthy Barbeque
Summer was meant for BARBECUES
The summertime is intended to be spent with family and friends at barbecues and picnics. The last thing you want to do is stress about eating healthy foods. So, we’re sharing some easy recipes that are not only delicious, but also use whole foods combined with delicious Saveur spices to make cooking easy! You’ll spend less time preparing food, and more time enjoying the company of your family and friends.
Grill foods using SAVEUR DRY RUBS
Try any of the delicious Saveur dry rubs for easy grilling! Saveur’s rubs use the highest quality ingredients to ensure great flavor without the use of processed ingredients.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DRY RUBS:
- First pat the meat with paper towel s to remove any excess moisture.
- Coat the meat with butter and make sure it covers the entire surface of the meat. You may need to brush it or mas sage it in with your hands to achieve a nice even coating.
- Apply the Rub of choice using one hand to apply the rub, and the other to vigorously rub the seasoning into the meat. For large slabs of meat, coat the food with the dry rub on both sides. Make sure that you have a coating of the rub covering the entire outer surface of your meat. Be generous – the more you apply, the more great flavor you’re going to have
- Once you apply a generous layer of dry rub to your meat, you can transfer it directly to the grill.
- Cook meat s as you normally would. Ensure the internal temperature is heated to a safe level by checking your meal with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the meat from the grill, let it rest if necessary. Slice or serve, whichever you prefer.
POTATO SALAD WITH LEMON DILL DRESSINg For the salad:
For the salad:
- 2 pounds red or yellow potatoes, cut into large bite- sized pieces
Saveur Seasoned Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Saveur Creamy Dill Mix
- 1/2 cup caper s chopped
- 1 bunch of green spring onions, white and light green part s minced
For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Saveur Creamy Dill Mix
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon- style mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek Style Yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Saveur Chilli Spice or crushed chilli flakes *optional
- Saveur Seasoned Salt to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until crisp tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set as ide to cool. Once cool, toss with the dill mix, capers, and spring onions.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredient s and whisking until smooth and well-combined. For the best consistency, use a blender or food processor. If the dressing is too thick add a little more sour cream or a tablespoon of water. Taste test and adjust the Saveur Seasoned Salt if needed.
- Toss the dressing with the potatoes.
Prawns on the Barbie
For the prawns:
- 2 lb. (1kg) prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, de-veined
- 1 tsp. Saveur Himalayan Salt & Pepper, ground
- 3 tsp. Saveur Caribbean Jerk Spice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
For the salad & dressing:
- Lettuce greens
- 2 spring onions, diced
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt
- Dash of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. Saveur Caribbean Jerk Spice
- Thread prawns onto soaked bamboo skewers. Mix Himalayan Salt & Pepper, Caribbean Jerk Spice, and lime juice together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over prawns. Cover seasoned prawns with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate. Note: Lime juice will start a slight cooking process.
- To make dressing, combine sour cream, coconut milk, lemon juice, mustard, and Caribbean Jerk Spice and place in fridge until needed. Hot water can be added, if necessary, to give consistency you desire.
- Heat a BBQ grill. Lightly spray the prawns with olive oil. Cook on grill for 2 minutes on each side or until prawns are lightly charred and cooked through. Do not overcook. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Arrange the cucumber, lettuce greens and spring onions on a platter. Top with prawns and serve immediately with dressing.
You can find many more recipes ideas at Saveurrecipes.com!