Celebrate Earth Day by creating your own garden!
There’s no better way to celebrate Earth Day than to create a green space of your own. Planting a garden is a great family activity! Kids will love planting seeds and watching their plants grow. Use the time to teach them about the importance of sustainable growing – It’s great for the environment, uses fewer chemicals, and may even help to lower the cost of your garden.
Plant your own garden: Reap the benefits
Gardening is more than just a casual hobby – It’s grown into one of the most popular pastimes in the country. In America, more than 75 percent of all U.S. households took part in DIY lawn and gardening activities. Food gardening is also on the rise. This sustainable practice is especially popular with millenials, who account for 13 million food gardeners, according to a report from the National Gardening Association (NGA). Making the effort to grow organic food that’s free of pesticides and other harsh chemicals is a top priority for many home gardeners.
Lower your grocery bill
Cultivating a backyard garden could save you some serious cash. According to the NGA, “a well-maintained food garden yields ½ pound of produce per square foot per growing season.” A 600-square-foot garden could yield up to 300 pounds of fresh produce per year – That’s worth about $600. There’s nothing wrong with adding more fresh fruit and vegetables into your diet!
Six easy steps for an incredible garden
Ready to give it a try? Whether you plant fruits, vegetables, or flowers and herbs, here’s what you need to do.
- Choose your spot. Some of the best gardens require full sun for at least 6-8 hours. If your yard or planter isn’t in a well-lit area, consider choosing plants that require less sun.
- Plan your layout and decide what you’d like to grow. You’ll also need to determine the amount of space you’ll need for each row of seeds or plants.
- Dig your beds. Loosen the soil with a tiller or your hands. Once loosened, add Bloomin Minerals™ Soil Revitalizer, according to the directions on the package and mix it into the soil.
- Get planting! Pay close attention to the planting directions for seeds, fruits, veggies, and herbs for the most success.
- Fertilize them. Along with regular watering, you’ll want to supplement your plants with the nutrients they need to thrive. Following the directions for use, spray Bloomin Minerals™ Liquid Soil Revitalizer on houseplants, shrubs, and garden vegetables.
- Use coffee grounds to fertilize your plants. Coffee grounds help to support microorganisms that are naturally found within soil. Try using a nitrogen fertilizer in addition to the coffee grinds to supplement those microorganisms and provide extra nutrients for your plants. Our Fair Trade Organic Medium Roast Coffee is a great eco-friendly choice for drinking and gardening!
Forget waiting in lines and wasting time Now through April 30, 2017, get the Bloomin Minerals™ Soil Revitalizer, Liquid Soil Revitalizer, Fair Trade Organic Medium Roast Coffee, and more for an amazing price – Just $99! Check out our Earth Day bundle while supplies last.